Effective May 2016, the MOHLTC has made amendments to the parameters of the NGEP for new graduates wishing to join or form a Family Health Organization (FHO).
Summary of Changes
- Participants are now allowed to submit up to $35,000 in Fee for Service (FFS) billings in years 1,
2 and 3 for services provided outside of the FHO.
- 50% of the FFS allowance will be dedicated to designated services (anesthesia, geriatrics, palliative, obstetrics and in-hospital services). The remaining 50% will be for other non-designated billings outside of the FHO.
- A Practice Improvement Plan will only need to be submitted at the end of year 3, not every year.
The Annual Compensation has been Amended to:
- Year 1: Up to $162,000 (~$13,500/month)
- Year 2: Up to $178,000 (~$14,833/month)
- Year 3: Up to $207,000 (~$17,250/month)
Interested in the NGEP or other FHO vacancies in Ontario?
Cirrus can help connect you with interested candidates and/or FHOs in the province, and manage the MOHLTC application & communication process on your behalf. Contact us for any available vacancies, and learn more about the updates to the NGEP program here.