Are you planning to transition or sell your dental practice and retire within the next 5-10 years? The value of your practice at the time of sale will largely be predicated on the details in the dental office lease, and how that lease is set up.
Click here to view our downloadable Dental Practice Transition Planning Guide, a guide to help you plan your transition and understand how the office lease may impact the sale of your practice.
Important Considerations when Planning for Dental Retirement
Does your office lease grant your landlord the right to your practice sale proceeds?
- Can the landlord deny your request to sell the practice altogether and terminate the lease agreement? Can they kick you out of the building with only 30 days’ notice?
- Are there clauses in your current dental office lease that will reduce the value of your practice in the eyes of the buyer due to the risks they present, ex. a ‘Relocation’ or ‘Demolition’ clause?
- Does your lease have the proper amount of term and/or options to renew to support the purchase price you seek? ‘Term’ is a key component for anyone buying a dental practice, financing acquisitions through banks.
Does your dental office lease include terms that positively support a new dentist, like expansion rights, death and disability protection, and use clause protection?
Our Dental Office Leasing Services
Critical Dates and Risk Assessment, a.k.a. Dental Office Lease Review
Cirrus Consulting Group offers dentists the invaluable Critical Dates and Risk Assessment (CDRA), a.k.a. Dental Lease Review, which is guaranteed to save you time and money. Our CDRA arms you with essential information about the expensive traps and tricks hidden in your lease for discussions with your landlord. We guarantee that this review will help you save thousands of dollars over the life of your lease. Learn more about our CDRA, and how it can benefit you.
Dental Office Lease Negotiation Services
Avoid the endless time and frustration involved in negotiating your own lease. Cirrus’ expert Dental Lease Negotiators handle the entire process from start to finish, representing you in all dealings with your landlord or broker. We offer the full package, representing you with the expertise of an in-house legal team, skilled professional lease negotiators, real estate analysts, and ex-landlords. Learn more about our Dental Lease Negotiation services, and how we can help.
Dental Office Lease Date Tracker
Landlords aim to get dentists to pay the highest rental rates possible, which is much easier for them when the negotiation clock is ticking and there is limited time before your renewal or lease expiry date. To combat this, Cirrus is offering complimentary enrollment in our Dental Office Lease Date Tracking System. Simply enter your lease expiry date, and our system will notify you when it’s time to start thinking about your lease again. Track your lease dates now!
Why Choose Cirrus?
- Cirrus has successfully negotiated over 10,000 lease agreements across North America.
We’ve saved thousands of dentists hundreds of thousands of dollars in rent, while significantly increasing the value of their practices.
- Established in 1994, we were founded by dentists, for dentists!
We’ve got the full package, arming you with the expertise of an in-house legal team, a skilled group of professional lease negotiators, real estate analysts, and ex-landlords.